The Greatest Quotes From Bon Scott
Bon Scott in an interview - sghworldwide / Youtube
Before the thunderous vocals of Brian Johnson reverberated through the arenas, it was Bon Scott who led the charge as the frontman of AC/DC. With his cheeky attitude and raw charisma, Scott left an indelible mark on the iconic rock band, shaping them into the powerhouse they are today. Though tragedy cut his journey short in 1980, his legacy lives on in the hearts of devoted AC/DC fans worldwide.
Known for his irreverent and witty nature, let’s take a look at 12 of Bon Scott’s most memorable quotes, each a testament to his larger-than-life personality and lasting impact on the world of rock and roll.
1. “We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I’ll punch out anyone who doesn’t like it the way I do.”
2. “It keeps you fit – the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food – it’s all very good for you.”
3. “All the songs we do are basically about one of three things: booze, sex or rock n roll.”
4. “I’m more in love with Rock n Roll today than other things. It grows, you know?”
5. “I’m 33…before AC/DC I’ve played in a lot of bands in Australia. You’re never too old to rock and roll.”
6. “I am the poet with this band”
7. “I’ve never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number.”
8. “I’ve been on the road for fifteen years and I had no intent to stop.”
9. “It’s nothing to do with us at all, our success is due to the taste of the public.”
10. “I’d like to do a whole string of concerts headlining as big as this one is today. The more people they can give us upfront the harder we play.”
11. “Guys are OK… Shake their hand… Women are special. You can hug ’em.”
12. “We’ve got so many ideas for songs and good riffs, and the more we work, the more we tour, we’re getting more ideas, just more. It’s just gonna get better and better. I can’t see an end to it. It’s like infinity rock and roll.”